Friday, January 7, 2011

Stitches on Wool

As you may recall, blog readers, I have been playing with the decorative stitches on my machine, using the favorite woolfelt as the fabric. I was asked to see what I thought about using overdyed, felted wool, rather than the wool blend felt. I got some wool pieces in the mail today and tried to see what a square would look like. I purposely picked one of the lighter colors (the rest are beautiful shades of blues and greens) to see if the cream stitching would show up. If I used a black thread, it would look good on this, but wouldn't show on the majority of the other wools. Anyway, the first outer row of stitching I did without stabilizer, because I don't have to use any with the woolfelt. Even though the stitch I used wasn't a dense stitch, the fabric still distorted a bit. For the subsequent rows, I used a light tear-a-way and the stitches did much better. Even though the stitches are fairly subtle in spots, I think it may look good with all the darker wools stitched and then sewn together. I will be able to show you what I have been mostly working on in a few weeks, hopefully. I just wanted you to know that I was actually trying a different base fabric for once. I feel I am cheating. I hope the woolfelt squares understand. Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment