Thursday, January 27, 2011

Can You Tell This is Supposed to be a Bobbin?



I have been trying to come up with a series of sewing related coasters, not sewn with an embroidery machine, but just with a regular sewing machine. This is one of the first attempts at a bobbin coaster. I like it, but there are some changes I want to make. I want the "thread stack" on the bobbin to be flipped topped to bottom. I think I need "holes" in the bottom part of the bobbin. Stitching needs to be more even. Although, there is a bit of a funky look to this. A bit primitive and free-form, maybe. I will give it another try and see what I can come up with. I also figured out a zipper solution today. It worked as a small sample...hopefully when I do a real project, full-sized, it will still be good. Another day with Benjamin. He was a very good boy today. Only cried when we took him out of the bathtub. He really likes those baths! I hope this summer is nice and hot so he can go in the water at the cabin. Our shore is pretty shallow and clear. We haven't been up there much this winter. Obviously things around here are a bit busy and intense. We know, however, that we have walls on the third level, which is the sewing studio. Trusses arrived yesterday, so we shall soon be enclosed. With all that has been happening around here, it has taken my thoughts away from the Cabin Project. How wonderful it will be when we can go up for a night or two to see the progress! Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment