Monday, November 29, 2010

What Could Be More Fun Than Ball Fringe and Wool Felt?



I made this pillow last December and found it in the Christmas boxes and was so happy to see it! It is made from a pattern by Lily Anna Stitches. I didn't do the applique by hand - each little cut-out, though is stitched in place with a tiny machine blanket stitch. For the snowflakes, I used some decorative stitches. A Bernina Webinar blog a few weeks ago showed how to make snowflakes on the Bernina 830 embroidery machine. They can be designed also in Bernina V6 software. But, since I have been in a machine stitches mood lately, I think it would be fun to play with the decorative stitches and see what fun snowflakes I can make. Like real snowflakes, I am sure each one will be unique. Not sure what I am going to put them on, yet, but if I find something interesting to do with them, I will let you know. The button picture at the top is a close-up on one of three button closures on the back of the pillow. The buttons are antique and each one is slightly different, just like snowflakes. Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely nothing could be more fun except possibly, vintage mother of pearl buttons. What a wonderful combo of crafty delights.

    ReplyDelete