Monday, November 1, 2010

Jelly Roll Quilt

I looked up Jelly Roll in Wikepedia and was shocked at all the definitions! In the case of this blog, however, the Jelly Roll is a bunch of rolled 2.5" strips, usually from one collection. This is good and bad. Good, because if you can find something to make with them, all the strip cutting has been done for you. Bad, because sometimes if you use the entire collection from a designer it is a bit too matchy, at least for my taste. Well, in the above quilt, I used three Jelly Rolls, and I don't remember the name of the collection - it was from about three years ago. I randomly sewed the strips together, added some at the bottom to make the quilt a bit longer, and had my favorite machine quilter, Jennifer Bauer, quilt it using a little posie shape. It won't be an entry into any quilt contest, but it makes a nice blanket for the cabin guest room (soon to be part of the master bedroom). You can see the striped curtains - the leftover fabric was in the master bedroom quilt, remember? The painted headboard was originally a dark wood color. I painted it Rhubarb from Benjamin Moore (well, Carl actually did the painting, but it was my idea). After a coat of poly, I sanded here and there to expose a bit of the wood color. Carl questioned the sanity of that move. What you can't see in this room is an old dresser, painted a light turquoise...yep, sanded that one, too. Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment