Monday, November 15, 2010

A Little Bit of Sand, A Little Bit of Dirt




Yay! The digging for the cabin addition started today. As you can see from the picture, there is snow on the ground, but we have been assured that it doesn't matter. Now it is starting to seem more real. The gas got turned back on in the cabin, so now we even have some heat! No water, though, until the new basement is dug and the walls put up. Pretty exciting stuff. Usually this time of the year we are visiting the sugar sand beach of Gulf Shores, Alabama (second tube-o-sand from the left). This year with the building going on, and the health of my folks, we decided to forgo the beach and stick around. I found the test tubes at CB2 in Chicago. They have a little hole in the back to fit over a nail. I have collected bit of sand from some of our favorite beaches and thought this was a good way to display it. I made a shower curtain for this bathroom out of an outdoor fabric that has banyan leaves on it. I will show you the curtain and towels I made to match tomorrow. I hope you can sleep tonight. Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. haha! The anticipation of coordinating towels kept me up all night! :)

    ReplyDelete