Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Penny Rug Sock


A request was sent out last fall by my oldest son and his wife for some Christmas stockings to hang on their new mantle at their new house. Of course I immediately thought "circles"! I made this stocking, then decided it might be too folkart-primitive for their taste. So, I made two other stockings out of red wool felt with cream circles stitched on with a blanket stitch, and their initials embroidered on the cuff. I sent this one along with the other stockings, too. I thought this might be cute anyway with a pine sprig in it on a door somewhere. I forgot to ask last year if it got used. Once you give something to someone, they can do whatever they want with it, but in the case of this stocking, if it isn't going to be used I may be a pushy mom/mil and ask for it back. Or, I could just keep quiet and make a new one for me. Yep. I think that is what I will do. Golden rule. Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment