Monday, April 25, 2011

Thumb on a Chain

Instead of showing you more tile necklaces that we made tonight, I thought you would get a giggle out of the shot of my daughter-in-laws thumb. When gluing on the bail to the back of the tile with super glue, she glued it, quite securely, to her thumb. After some soaking in hot water, and a little pull, it came off, skin included. I gave her the gel super glue to work with instead - not quite so runny and dangerous. She did get all her bails on and went home with some fun stuff. Maybe the method of putting the bail on with the glaze adhesive when the back is sealed is not such a bad idea. I also have a bunch of super glue all over my fingers - just not with anything attached! Friend Wynne also came over to do some tiles and she is hooked, too. (Not to a bail, though). Another fun day. Jerilynn



1 comment:

  1. FYI-Acetone or nail polish remover should work easier than skin pull<--yikes!

    ReplyDelete