Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kitchen Glass Tiles




My brother, sister-in-law, nephew, and his son came to visit for the weekend, and, of course, we (my sister who is still here from AZ) had to show our sister-in-law how to make glass tiles. Well, she loved it, made a few necklace tiles right away and then had a GREAT idea! They are undergoing a kitchen reno, and their back splash is small grey, silver and black glass tiles. She was thinking they were looking a bit dull and had the idea to insert, here and there, some red glass tiles with images! So, for the past few hours she and my sister have been looking through the stacks and stacks of images to find some with red. She will need to audition them when they get home but she will have enough to play with. We figure she doesn't have to seal the back because they will be cemented to the wall and grouted in with the other tiles. She promises to send a picture of the finished project and I promise to share it with you when she does! Jerilynn P.S. I happened upon the PERFECT image of a red chair, glued it to a tile, and then...horrors! I found out I glued to the WRONG side of the glass tile. Bummer.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cool idea. Can't wait to see a pic of the finished project. You could also do them of all your kids and grandkids and frame them in a very unique "Jeri" way!

    ReplyDelete