Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Toasty Toes


Solmate socks are the socks I talked about in a previous blog. The are the ones in the picture with the bright blue toe and the red/orange toe. The socks are mis-matched on purpose...aren't they just the best? As I told you (I think), when I went back to the coffee shop to see what was on sale after Christmas, I was hoping that I would see a "sale" sign on the socks. Nope. What is fun about these socks, aside from the mis-matchy-ness, is that in the kids size, they are packaged in a set of five. What a great idea! None of the socks match, and you get five. Go ahead, washing machine. Eat away. But, my sister did buy me a pair of them, even not on sale. Good deal for me. But wait, Jerisew! This blog is about "creating". Well, look in the picture. The pair of mis-matched socks near the top are hand-knit by yours truly. I didn't match the colors. To be honest, I tried, but couldn't figure out how to do that with the sock yarn I had. So, I decided to just throw caution to the wind and knit. I think they turned out pretty good, and I guess I was just a bit ahead of the Solmate trend. Maybe not. Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment