Thursday, December 23, 2010

My First Magazine Christmas Tree


That tree was really fun to make! The only problem is that I bought a can of opal spray glitter and it doesn't really show up too sparkly. I think I may have to do the spray and glue and shake on glitter thing. I did an O Magazine and it got to be a big much toward the end. I may pick a less thick magazine next time. The other thing I would do is turn the magazine over and start folding from the back. From my catalog days, I know that the right hand page is usually the "hot" page and I noticed that most of the very colorful ads were on that side. And that is the side that gets folded under. I am sure this doesn't make sense, but once you do one, you will know what I mean. There really is a bunch of stuff that is still on my to-do list, but I think I will just scratch some items off and pretend they got done. Tomorrow starts three weekends in a row of family visits, food and fun. I think I need to relax and store up some energy. I may not blog tomorrow night. I made an extra big batch of daiquiri slush, and I just may have to have one or two. If that is the case, and I don't get to visit with you until the next day, I wish for you a very Merry Christmas. And I want to thank you for visiting my blog. Let's hope 2011 is a better year for those who struggled with 2010. And let's hope there are lots of fun new things to create and share. God Bless! Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. Nice tree. We made these when we were kids. Did you miss that 60's craze? Thanks for the righthand page tip. This might be a relaxing thing to do while watching a holiday movie.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete