Monday, October 25, 2010

Zipper Ruffle Trimmed Big Bottom Bonnie Bag






The ruffle on the Big Bottom Bonnie Bag I made today didn't get too ruffled. I used a pretty thick metal zipper and two layers of fabric. When I stitched two lines of straight stitches to gather, I only got a wave look. I put a section of the ruffle on one side of the outside of the bag, and a zipped double pocket on the other. I lined it in a swirly yellow fabric (the lighting on these pictures is not to good) that looks good with the outside fabric. I may add a beaded zipper pull to the zipper tabs. I think I have some gold-colored lobster claw closures. We hung the curtains from yesterday and they look sharp. I forgot to bring my camera over to their house so you will just have to take me word for it. Jerilynn

1 comment: