Saturday, October 16, 2010

Time to Knit



Knitting patterns always seem a bit more interesting this time of the year. The little hat I have almost done for my youngest grandson is in the book from which I made these two sweaters. A young friend of mine had twin sons and I thought I would try to make these that had a design chart. Other than having multiple threads to drop and pick up and wind around each other so I didn't get the dreaded holes in my work, I think it was pretty easy and fun. She sent me a picture with the little guys in the sweaters and if I can find it, I will post it so that you can see how cute they look in them! There is a moebius scarf pattern that I want to knit for myself, but I think I best get the hat done first. Have you seen those mobius scarves? They are cowl-like but are twisted a little and drape beautifully. Maybe because the weather is starting to chill a little, but those neck things are looking pretty cute. Faster than a sweater, even a little one. Especially faster than two little ones. Tomorrow is the organize-the-sewing-room-day! I can't wait to see what I find! Jerilynn

1 comment: