Sunday, June 5, 2011

Button, Button, Where is The Button I Want?

I had this great idea to organize my buttons. A week or so ago I saw the cute glass jars with the red lids and thought I could separate the colors/types and use the jars as a decorative accent. I guess I underestimated my buttons...just a bit. The boxes are full and there are several jars of buttons behind the front jars that you can't see in this picture. What was I thinking? I don't want to buy 30 more jars with red lids! I can't really find buttons that I am looking for in the current storage system. So, this is what I need: 1) cute storage, 2) easy to locate buttons I need, 3) portable to the lake and back, 4) cheap. Ideas? Jerilynn

4 comments:

  1. Maybe old Jif peanut butter jars (plastic, with red lids, and won't break while being carted to the lake, like I have for sorting nails and widgets and such), would work. Feed everyone a pb&j every day while they're visiting, to help the cause. That's my silly suggestion for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lightwight plastic containers/bags inside of an antique/used suitcase!! But with the size of your collection, might need a crane to lift it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe you could paint some jar lids red? I have jars and jars of buttons too...love looking at them by color...or type of buttons. But an FYI...I read somewhere that buttons really shouldn't be kept in sealed containers, so I have my buttons in jars, but with lids off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa. Didn't know about the closed storage issue. The peanut butter jars are a good idea, but that is a lot of PB!! I am sure something will present itself at some point. I will then sort in my free time. By color? By type? The color, of course, appeals to me the most.

    ReplyDelete