Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bedroom Curtains

This is the new fabric that I am "auditioning" for the bedroom curtains. This is a Susan Sargent print. I have been a fan of her art style for several years. In fact, the fabric I used for my two bathroom shower curtains at the condo are designed by her. She has a very colorful, fun style that is right up my alley. I like the white background and the swirls. I just crammed this fabric in the upper window for the photo, so the real curtains would be lined. I also think I would put those big plastic grommets in the top for looks and ease of opening and closing. What do you think? I would love to start stitching tomorrow, but my help has been requested in finishing the family room ceiling. Two people need to hold up the wood for nailing. I have been nail gun trained, but not so sure how good I am about nailing above my head. Maybe I will just be the "holder", not the "nailer". Wish me luck. Jerilynn



4 comments:

  1. I like/love the color it adds to the room...I say go for it! Just be careful today with the stapling! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good wishes! As you can read in today's blog, all went well. Nailing above your head isn't so hard after all. Less dangerous than a rotary cutter, sometimes. Jerilynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the wood and the fabric. Your arms must hurt from all that holding up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Use metal grommets instead of plastic - LOVE the fabric - plan to buy it myself.

    ReplyDelete