Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Winter Blooms


The first picture is of the amaryllis that I planted around Thanksgiving.  It looked like it might not make it, but just in time for Christmas it decided to put on quite a show!  The blooms are a bit heavy, so I grabbed a knitting needle, red of course, to try to prop it up.  Actually, it is almost spent at this point, but it makes me smile every time I pass by.  The bottom photo is of some mystery bulbs that my mother-in-law sent me.  I think they are also amaryllis, but I will report back to you in a few week.  They came with the pot and what looks like just fine gravel.  No instructions.  So, I just plopped the bulbs in, put in some water, and have it sitting by the sunny window in the studio.  I already think the green sprouts have grown 1/4 inch since I planted the bulbs two days ago.  Oooh, I hope the flowers are red, don't you?   Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment