Monday, December 5, 2011

Cabin Times

Life continues to be a new adventure here at the cabin in the winter.  Each day the lake shows a new color, a new mood.  I never realized before how much color there is in the winter - it is just more subtle and you have to take time to see it.  The trees are so beautiful without their leaves - strong and delicate at the same time.  We got a heavy snowfall two days ago. The big-flake, sparkly kind.  The trees still are carrying their frosting quite well. With the outside lights on toward the lake, I felt as if I were in the middle of some Bing Crosby movie.  Our squirrels up here are black, and the contrast with the snow is perfect.  They seem to be enjoying this new look, also.  Inside I have turned up the heat a notch and have been sewing.  I found a paper piecing pattern, the cabin pillow on the right, Crooked Pine Camp by MH Designs.  I changed the cabin color on the pattern cover to red (of course I did).  Then I decided to print the picture I did of the original cabin up here on the fabric that will go through my printer (the pillow on the left).  I finished both with some strips of 100% wool.  Now I need to make some sort of other red cabin pillow for the collection.  Must have three for a collection to count.  Today, however, I have work to do.  I will think about a cabin idea as I go about my checking tasks off my list.  Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a good week ahead with a nice surprise or two.  Jerilynn

2 comments:

  1. A digitized picture of the new cabin, of course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cool! I love he way the trees shine through in the background of picture. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete