Saturday, December 3, 2011

Quilt is Up!!

I made this little wall quilt today from the pattern Tree's Up!  Lights on! by Pieces From My Heart.  the piecing was a bit different than what I usually do, so I enjoyed the challenge.  The Quilt is 30 blocks.  I wanted to get something done before I turn 100, so I made just 6 blocks.  I have it hanging at the bottom of the stairs coming down from the studio.  It is really more even than the picture looks.  I need to have Carl make some sort of board for me.  I didn't quilt it - I just used a fusible fleece and sewed the backing on as if I were making a pillow.  I wanted it to look poster-like.  It snowed today - big, fluffy, shiny flakes.  So pretty here at the cabin.  Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. This is so cheery and funky at the same time. Even a pillow with that block would be a great winter accent.

    ReplyDelete