Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Covered Clothesline Coaster






I continue to be amused by covering clothesline with strips of fabric and zig-zagging the rows together. I have made many bags, but lately I have made round coils, opening up new items. The first thing I made was a coaster. I used Sweetwater's Hometown fabric line. The white fabric just around the red center fabric has line after line of names of towns. Quite by remarkable coincidence as I was wrapping the town fabric around the clothesline, I spotted "Chippewa Falls". If you look very closely, at almost the 12o'clock position of the first white row, you can see my hometown's name. How fun is that? Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. Way fun! So, are you covering up the back to hide the raw edges, or doing a different technique?

    ReplyDelete