Friday, February 25, 2011

What are You Going to Be When You Grow Up?

Scrumptious, huh? The circle potholder that I made a few days ago was made by the designer out of Cross Weaves by Moda. They are basically shot cottons, which I talked about before. The color weaves are subtle and luminous! The fabric, 100% cotton, is almost like a fine linen or silk. Just gorgeous. I ordered this assortment from fabricquarter.com . I am not sure what I want to make - I am almost unwilling to mar the perfection. I just want to stack it up in my sewing room and look at it a while. Silly. On another note, I had another Folkart Clothesline Tote class the other day, and the star student, Angie, came back for the second half of the class and reported that she made FIVE totes in a week. She hadn't lined them yet. That was what I was going to teach. One tote I especially loved. It was a tote made entirely out of one fabric, a blue and black varied stripe. Most of the tote she cut the fabric selvedge to selvedge so the stripes were going up and down on the bag. Twice, though, for a few rows, she cut the stripes so they went the other way. Very attractive, and only one fabric. Wow! Of course, I forgot my camera. Darn it. Also, very good news: we went to see our grandson, Aaron, today. Two weeks after the horrible ski accident with the news that he might not make it, he is probably going home from the hospital tomorrow!!! Yes, he looks great, all therapists say he is doing really well. He will be able to go back to school for a couple of classes in a month. He was bummed that the doctor told him no contact sports for a year...so he will miss his sophomore year at football, but, again, it is a miracle! It felt good to give him a hug. We told him that fishing was definitely not a contact sport and the fish in Beaver Dam Lake will be happy to keep him busy this summer. Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment