Friday, June 13, 2014

Casually Squishy Pillows



Here us the latest pillow using the "letterman jacket" technique.  I hoop a big square of linen/rayon that I purchased at Joann Fabrics.  They have severalgreat  colors in this wide home-dec weight fabric.  I wash and dry it first to soften it and make it look a bit more vintage.  I then place a piece of Woolfelt on top of the hooped linen, and stitch the outline of the letters (Lobster font) and the lake.  I have a sharp, pointy pair of scissors that I use to trim around all the stitching.  Stuff, stitch close.  Done.  I don't stuff my pillows very firmly - I like to have them casually squishy.  Now you know.  Jerilynn

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Nice job! Talk about your fussy cutting!

    Next time you buy a home perhaps you should keep your embroidery projects in mind and find a nice place on Round Lake. I see that there are at least 33 of them in Wisconsin including two in each of Chippewa and Barron counties. Polk has 4!

    Nah. Scratch that. It was the lazy sewist in me talking.

    You're on the best dam lake around!

    Love, your casually squishy friend,

    NDL



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should say that. As the owner of Idlewild was trying to decide what other lake I should make for them, she mentioned a few around here, and she commented, well, those lakes all look about the same! Different names, but about the same blobby roundish shape. She decided on Sand Lake...how many hundreds of those are around????

      Delete
  2. A mere 16, as well as a half dozen or so Sandy and Sand Bar lakes.

    That darn glacier did tend to leave blobby lakes behind when it left.

    ReplyDelete