Friday, June 20, 2014

Blobby Lakes and Bloody Face

One more Woolfelt and linen lake pillow was ordered.  The requested lake wasn't one of the blobby lake shapes, so  careful trimming was necessary.  I'm trying to think of other sayings or lake related appliques that I could design, but my mind is blank.  Today was finally nice enough (no rain!) to finish cleaning the windows.  All have been done over the last month except the ones up here in the studio, and they are Big. They fold in, so no exterior tall ladders are needed, but these windows are just too heavy and big for me to do on my own.  Carl to the rescue.  I was doing some Friday cleaning on the second floor when I heard a crashing noise.   "Carl, are you okay?"  "No."  One of the upper windows which is over my desk area, and awkward to reach, fell forward into his face.  He has a very nasty gash on his forehead, and one on his nose.  The skin is completely gone in about a 1" x 3/4" rectangle on the forehead, and a bit smaller area on his nose.  His glasses saved the eyes.  He now has decided to tell everyone that I hit him.  The window is fine.  And clean.  Never a dull around here.  Jerilynn

2 comments:

  1. Cleaning is dangerous. That is why I never do it.

    If Carl needs any scar story ideas from my collected pool of more exciting than reality scenarios I have a few to spare. Pirate cutlass fight and cocktail party skewer incident are available. For myself I am leaning toward "fight with a seagull for the last french fry" to explain my new bit of skin history.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quick, get out the medicinal vodka!

    ReplyDelete