Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Fancy Pants Napkins

Isn't this fabric cute!?  I ordered some fat quarters of the prints, and some of the matching tone-on-tone.  The collection is Cooking Italiano by Sue Schlabach for Windham Fabrics.  After I got them, I declared them too precious to cut up, and they almost joined all the other really fun fabric that I have that I am not using.  It is hard to tell from the picture, but those oval blobs are olives!  I decided to give these great fabrics some purpose in life and made new napkins.  This time, instead of serging around the edge of a single layer of fabric, I sewed two fabrics together, then did a triple zig-zag  and triple straight stitch around the edges to make them quite fancy!  Carl has informed me that I need to tell him when we have fancy people over for dinner so that he can set the table with the new linens.  Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment