Monday, November 18, 2013

Swiss Army Knitted Pillow

Been doing some knervous knitting these past couple of nights.  I wasn't sure if I could do intarsia knitting using a garter stitch, but, after a little internet search, found it it was quite easy to do.  Someday I may have enough money to buy, or enough luck to find a bargain priced Swiss Army Blanket.  Until then, I will continue to make blanket inspired projects.  So, I knervously knitted a couple of big squares using cotton yarn, inserting a red cross in one of the sides.  I made a squishy pillow form for inside, and whip stitched closed.  This was a pretty quick knit - 50 cast-on stitches on size 6 needles, 50 garter stitch ridges (100 rows).  Another good idea would be an intarsia tree on a red background.  I have a request from oldest granddaughter for some new felted wool mittens, so I may knervously knit those for a while.  During the day, the studio is in full holiday speed ahead, but in the evening, a comfy chair, a little tv, and some knitting is what I need.  Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment