Monday, October 15, 2012

Pretty Birdie Purselet!










This is one of the ideas I had on The Car Trip. I cut out two birds from the KAS Oslo fabric, some lining the same size, sewed in a zipper, and....a cute bird purselet! It is small enough to stash in a bigger bag, but big enough to hold some good things. The zipper is a cool black zipper that I harvested from a thrift sale Columbia jacket. Seriously. Those Columbia jackets have a ton of zippers! To get a bird on each side, however, I had to fussy cut, and now I have two holes in a pretty good sized chunk of fabric. Tres cute, but maybe not practical to mass produce. Jerilynn

2 comments:

  1. Jer - Thanks for the inspiration to adopt this as my new exclamation of exasperation: "Oh fussy cut!" So benign and yet so vile sounding :>) Oh yes, and the birdie bag is fussy cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the giggle! I will adopt "fussy cute" from you! J

    ReplyDelete