Sunday, February 5, 2012

'Tis the Season...

..of love.  Just don't get me an Open Heart necklace.  Don't know why, I just don't like them.  You may say the same for the new heart coasters.  I made the top one first, and after it was embroidered out, I decided the swirl looked a wee bit like an "O", so I digitized an "L", "V" and "E".  I am not quite sure what style this is...Aztec?  Art Deco?  Cave Man?  You can't see the lettering clearly in the picture, but in person it sparkles a bit - I used silver thread.  The interesting thing about these coasters is that the scalloped edge is stitched with a straight stitch through both the red and black Woolfelt.  Then I cut on the lines (memories of paper doll days!), and then trim the top red layer close to the inner heart stitching.  I used the Bernina V6 software, of course.  I have been sewing lots, getting patterns ready for the spring market.  I will show you just as soon as I can.  Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment