Tuesday, August 30, 2011

New Jewelry Technique






I forgot to mention in the last post that these old hands also are pretty good at making jewelry! I found this new stuff (well, it was actually my sister that told me about it): UTEE - Ultra Thick Embosses Enamel. I took a heart shaped tray, arranged several sewing themed charms in the tray (I clipped most of the rings off the tops) and poured the crystals of the UTEE all over the top. I placed the tray on a cookie sheet in a 340 degree oven for about 5 minutes until the crystals melted into the clear enamel. I added a bit more and baked it again to get the coverage I wanted. I think I baked it a bit too long because there is a bit of a yellowish cast. But, it is very minor and I will take it out sooner next time. I would also place it on foil so I didn't wreck a cookie sheet. Maybe that quick release foil would work good. I am anxious to try more ideas. I think this could be fun!!! Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. Fun! I would use parchment paper; harder to get foil to stay really smooth.

    ReplyDelete