Thursday, July 21, 2011

So Whimsical!



I bought this quilt kit a few months ago and it seemed as if it may be destined to be a project that I would get to whenever I could. After all, it was a Christmas quilt and I was sweating like crazy!!! Not the time to think about it. Well, then I saw that Sew Complete got some of the fabrics in, and the pattern. It is Down Winterberry Lane by Terri Degenkolb of Whimisicals. I was once called whimsical by a very dear friend that is no longer with us. It was during a very hard time in my life and she wrote me the nicest note and called me whimsical! I was feeling anything but. However, that lifted my spirits so much, and, obviously, to this day, I still remember her kind words. Anyway, I like Terry Degenkolb's company name, Whimsicals, but that is not why I bought the pattern and kit. I really don't know what grabbed my attention about this. The colors are a bit more muted than I normally like, but I had so much fun piecing the various components of the quilt. And putting them together was somewhat puzzle-like, in a good way. Her instructions were very good and clear. As I said, I saw the fabrics at Sew Complete and felt it was an omen: finish the Christmas quilt project and enjoy getting one step ahead for holiday decorating. The top is done. Now I need an omen to make me finish the quilting. Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment