Sunday, July 31, 2011

New York Beauty Quilt Block Tote



Another project from Machine Embroidered Quilting and Applique by Eileen Roche. This s a variation I made from the New York Beauty Quilt. I brought the block from the book's DVD into my Bernina V6 software and added a couple of border outlines. I hooped the yellow fabric and then added the other fabrics in the correct sequence. This was the practice stitch-out. I had planned to sew directly on the black tote (btw, got this tote at Walmart - really a low price and very well made). But, after the practice piece was done, I decided I liked it well enough just to sew this on the tote and move on to a new project. All the applique is raw edge applique, and that is something I need to get used to. A few ravely edges here and there...I guess that is what it is supposed to look like. My photos lately have been awful, but in real life, the tote is pretty cute. There are several more projects in the book I want to try. It is fun changing it around a bit to make it uniquely my own. Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment