Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Does This Look Like A Shower Curtain to You?

Super fun new book...Machine Embroidered Quilting and Applique by Eileen Roche. It comes with a DVD that shows the machine embroidery techniques and includes all the files to stitch blocks out. The book has comments and tips by Nancy Zieman and great pictures and step-by-steps. I made this quick Lady Liberty block and added a layer of the heat resistant batting to turn the 11" x 11" block into a trivet. I learned some things along the way, but one thing I learned was that this was something I wanted to do more of! I used the hand-dyed fabrics that I got at the Ricky Timms Super Seminar back in May. I had been "saving" the wonderful fabrics for something special...this might not be in that category, but the colors were just perfect for a project such as this and I decided to enjoy the great colors by actually cutting into them and using them. Such a concept. I suppose most sewists have fabrics that are "too good" to use. I know that some people collect Hummels or bells or spoons. I am sure that a piece of fabric or two that don't get used isn't all that crazy. It did feel good, though, to bring out those hand-dyes and cut a few squares. I hope to tackle a few more of the projects in the book. Bathroom curtains and a shower curtain and a promised living room curtain for a friend, however, are calling my name. Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. Doesn't look too much like a shower curtain, but it does look like part of a great upstairs bathroom window covering. The sun, all those windows, kinda goes.

    ReplyDelete