Saturday, September 6, 2014

Funky Fractured Fish



I am getting ready for my yearly talk at Sew Complete where I present projects that I have been working on the past year.  I usually start out by looking at my blog to refresh myself on what I have made.  Ooops.  Bad blog year.  Panic mode.  What in the world have I been doing?  It seems as if I am up in the studio every day working on this and that, but I have not done a good job at documentation.  The blog posts share my creations, but, more importantly, the posts serve as proof that I really do try to create something everyday.  Well, I can't do anything about lack of blog material for the talk, but I can work on some new ideas and do a better job at posting the results.  The Funky Fractured Fish little quilt is an idea I have had for a while and decided to see what I could make with that idea.  This is the first try.  I will do a couple things differently for the next go-round, but I think it turned out pretty cute.  The button eyes help, as does the quilting.  I used five different colors of Mettler cotton thread and did a free motion wavy line with an occasional "air bubble".  I used to use Mettler Silk Finish cotton thread all the time, then experimented with other brands.  I decided that I have very consistently good results with the Mettler, both for piecing and for quilting.  All three brands of the machines I use, Pfaff, Bernina and Brother seem to like the Mettler, so I think that is what I am going to stock up on.  So, back to my upcoming talk (first part of October)...I have made an ambitious list of things to make and then talk about. I could start a new project today, but the sky is a brilliant blue, the lake is right out of a Hamm's Beer commercial, the wood is newly stacked by the fire pit, and the stomach pain I have been fighting for a month now is feeling better.  I think we may even have some worms in the worm fridge in the fish house.  I could go drop a line and see if I can catch a funky fish to inspire my next project.  Jerilynn

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! We should make one with "photos" of the weird bunch and see how it turns out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fish are so cute! I love the wonky eyes!

    Marva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your funky fish are awesome...also love the button eyes!

    ReplyDelete