Monday, August 19, 2013

Pinned PIN Pincushion


Protect your PIN at all times, and that also goes for the pins in your sewing room!  The bottom shot is one I pinned to my Pinterest board, and it is from Charlotte from Folksy shop Sixes and SevensSince I am on a "Pinterst board inspiration kick", I decided to make my own version of the PIN pincushion.  I had some alphabet stamps that I stamped in Versacraft ink, which, when heat-set, are permanent on fabric.  Scraps of decorator weight, sewing-themed fabric were added to each side of the stamped linen.  I made a quick little square "pillow", filled the pillow with crushed walnut shells, and hand-stitched the opening closed.  The stamping was quite fun.  I gave away all my stamps over 20 years ago, and now wish I had kept some for stamping on fabric.  I have seen some Pins of stamped bags and totes, and would like to combine some wording with applique or embroidery.  As I write this blog post, I spy a bit of orange on a maple tree outside my studio window.  My goodness.  We had just a touch of summer!  Lots of visitors, but not much jumping in the lake to cool off.  Carl will be adding a three season porch to the front of our house in a couple of weeks.  I will "supervise" from the third floor while trying a little more stamping.  Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. I like how you find a little bit of inspiration and run with it.

    Love your version.

    Another mini set of summer days is on it's way.

    Go jump in a lake! Won't be long before we can walk on them again.

    ReplyDelete