Monday, April 22, 2013

Wrap Bracelet for a Very Tiny Wrist

Last evening's TV Time Crafting found me experimenting using six strands of leather cord to make a mosaic type wrap bracelet.  The above picture is only about 2.5 inches long, and it took me over two hours to do.  I am sure there is a loom out there somewhere that would make this process easier, but I am not going to buy new craft things, remember?  Anyhow, the leather cord I was using is 1mm cording.  As I pulled to tighten up the latest row of beads, one of the cords broke off.  Darn.  I tried tying a new one on, thinking I could hide the knot somewhere, and as I tightened the knot, the cord broke even shorter.  Lesson learned.  Don't use 1 mm cord.  Now what?  I have this perfectly good piece of beading...I decided to knot the ends (carefully) and use it as a focal piece for a necklace.  Not to too sure about those leather ends.  I may glue them a bit and trim them off.  I now know why those tiny beaded mosaic bracelets cost so much.  It takes for. ev. er.  Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment