Monday, January 14, 2013

Breathe

Usually this time of year I experience a calming, lazy-day sort of feeling.  Once the Christmas decorations are put away, a quiet normalness takes over.  Well, not so much this year.  It has been more like the "whack-a-mole" carnival game.  I need to post some shots, however, of some of the things I have made.  For presents for the six kids and their families, I made six cotton afghans out of the Knitpicks Dishy yarn.  These aren't huge blankets, but just big enough to be cuddly and add some warmth.  This picture is of a brown one, the actual brown being more of a chestnut - the picture is a bit dark.  The stripe colors are off, too, but what I wanted you to see is the border on each end:  yep!  Funfetti colors!  The right side of the afghan just shows the random bits of color, the back has the exposed knots.  I originally was going to make the whole afghan like that and figured out right away that the blanket would be a Christmas 2014 gift at the rate I was going.  So, I did both ends with the spots of color and bigger stripes with a solid center.  It turned out good.  I am working on another afghan, at night during my Knervous Knitting time.  The pattern is simple, so I don't know why I keep making mistakes and have to un-knit!  Chalk it up to that crazy mole that keeps popping up and causing trouble!  At least the views out my studio window are still peaceful and gorgeous.  We could use more snow, though.  I think I need to spend more time just taking in the calming nature all around me.  Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment