Sunday, September 16, 2012

Puffin Izzy Bag (#4)




Izzy Bag number four.  I decided that the big tote bag I  made two days ago needed a smaller bag to fit inside to use when I didn't feel like using a bigger bag.  This latest Izzy Bag used the same bird fabric, but this time I used a tiny gold/orange check as lining and accent fabric.  This took about 3 hours to make, even with the extra zipped pocket on the back.  I am also thinking I need a Big Bottom Bonnie Bag to keep the big tote organized.  Maybe a small zipped bag for inside Izzy to hold cash and credit cards.  Any day now I may become tired of this fabric, but not yet.  Why all the bags?  We are going on an adventure next week to the West.  Deadwood, SD, Bozeman, MT, Boise, ID (Cindy, Jonah, Grandma McDonough), Canon Beach, OR (college freind Marva).  Then back to the cabin in time to catch the peak colors (I hope!).  Years ago I visited Canon Beach with Marva and three quilting friends, two of whom are now, sadly,  Angel Quilters.  We had a riot!  Haystack Rock at Canon Beach is where the Puffins nest  before they head out to sea in the late fall.  We got to see some puffins and decided they were definitely stylin', colorful birds!  As I was making the new bird bags, I decided that maybe I could pretend that the birds were puffins.  I have already had one request to purchase the tote bag.  Luckily I have more fabric and can duplicate the tote, because these birds are traveling birds and may come home with a little dusting of sand and salt spray.  That may  make them more valuable, though, don't you think?  Jerilynn

1 comment: