Friday, August 3, 2012

Fish Window Panels Done!



Okay, readers, put on your high-power readers to see the detail in this shot!  I know, not a great photo.  I finished all three panels for the kitchen windows and wanted you to see them.  If you were standing in my kitchen (by the way, that would be fun), you could see that they turned out pretty cute.  To the left is the side window over the sink with the printed curtains.  These panels hook into little cup hooks and can be taken down easily and folded until needed.  The colored areas are applique and then the Funky Fish shapes are on top in black.  Next to-doare a couple of white dish towels.  I am thinking about "coloring" the shading behind the black stitches with some colored pencils and some textile medium.  Somewhere I read how to do that.  I am thinking for dishtowels that are going to get washed a lot, that the colored areas would wash better than an applique.  I will do a search to find out how to do this. In the meantime, until I take down these panels, just try to peek into the cabin to see what I am up to!  Oh, wait, all the other curtains are open right now.  Peek away.  Jerilynn

1 comment: