Friday, June 1, 2012

Squishy, Cozy, Colorful, Done!


Another squishy garter stitch knit blanket done.  This one was made using Knitpicks Dishie cotton yarn on a size 6 needle.  It is lap-sized - perfect for a quick afternoon nap on the couch or on the pontoon.  Very cozy and washable.  Mindless knitting.  Biggest obstacle is deciding how many rows per color and what color to pick next.  My friend Jane would have told me just to stick my hand in the bag and pull out a color.  I didn't do that, but I just may try that for the next one.  By the way, I am thrilled with all the comments you have left!  Makes my day.  I am definitely moving the picture over the bed, up higher.  I found the Hidden Wells pattern, and I have discovered that there are even a few used patterns out there on the internet.  What in the world did we do with our time before this computer thing?  Knit garter stitch blankets?  Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. I really want to do this! How much yarn and how many stitches?

    ReplyDelete