Thursday, April 5, 2012

Joseph's Blankie of Many Colors Done!



We're back!  Obviously, not a bunch of blog updates while we were gone...I got a flu shot this year.  I usually don't get one and stay pretty healthy all winter.  This year I got one, and BAM!  The crud.  It has lasted way too long for my liking!  I didn't even get to walk on the beach.  Our condo had a nice view from the master bed, which was very comfy, and that is where I spent most of my time.  Bummer.  Anyhoo, we are back, the travel days were smooth, the water here at the cabin has no ice in it at all, and the trees and grass are getting green.  What more could I ask for?  Last night I had no energy to unpack from the trip, but I did manage to knit the last few rows on the blanket and throw it in the washer and dryer.  Turned out beautifully!  You can see from the close-up how squishy-fun the garter stitch is.  It is a heavy blanket, but very soft and cozy.  The bed that I pictured it on is a queen size, so you can get some idea of the size.  It was super fun and easy to make.  The yarn was Peaches and Cream, Sugar and Cream, and a bit of Lion Brand cotton.  I started a new blanket on the two day car ride home out of Dishy cotton on the Webs site.  I am just making it a striped blanket with random widths of stripes.  Mindless, but perfect for 24 hours in a car!  The Dishy (or is it Washy??  hmmm...) yarn is just a bit thinner than the Peaches and Cream so I am using a size 6 needle rather than the 7 I used on the pictured blanket.  Thanks for checking in.   Jerilynn

2 comments:

  1. Love how it turned out!!! Your knitting looks so even! Let me know how you like the "dishy" yarn.
    Sorry you didn't feel well on your vacation...that is always a bummer....especially if you don't get to walk on the beach!
    Look forward to seeing your next blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home. Beautiful blanket. I was putting my money on you pulling out the extra green. Looks like I would have won. When I am unsure about doing the right thing to make a project look right, especially when it will mean extra work by me (usually painfully undoing something), I have the voices of Jeri and Kim in my head telling me I will be happier looking at it forever if I do (the right thing).

    Those voices can be darn annoying, but they are always right. Thanks for that.

    Take care. Happy early/late Spring.

    ReplyDelete