Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Naked Fokart Clothesline Tote Revealed!






I finished the naked Folkart Clothesline Tote today. Turned out pretty good. I learned a few things along the way. Black thread on cream clothesline shows up quite well, and so do the mistakes. The extra padding/stability that the fabric wraps give the clothesline tote are missing with this, and the resulting tote is a bit softer, less sturdy. I used iron-on interfacing on the lining, and if I make this again, I would use iron-on fleece to compensate for the loss of the extra fabric. A good steam press with a sewing ham helps to shape the bag. The tote is attractive in a back-to-nature sort of way. I paired it with a Big Bottom Bonnie Bag, made out of selvedge edges, that looks good with the dotty lining. "What are you going to do with that bag?" says Husband Carl. "I don't know. It would be a great warm weather tote." Hmm. That leads me to the next picture:


Yep, Martha went crazy with the glitter. But, look at that blue sky! Pretty, huh? Seriously, I am trying VERY hard to like this winter we are having. Maybe I need to dust off my cross country skis so that I can celebrate new snow inches. Nah. Jerilynn




1 comment:

  1. well done this is great i like it,i think this will be my first try.
    |ve ordered the rope ill keep you posted

    ReplyDelete