Saturday, February 26, 2011

Family, Friends and Fish

Just sitting here in The Red Chair and thinking about what a fun day I had! Ellen was in town for the second half of her how-to-run-her-new-sewing-machine-class. I joined her in the class because she has a new Brother machine, and I am not familiar with that brand. Nothing I love more than figuring out new machines. It is quite a machine. I am quite impressed with all that it can do. After the class we had a soup and salad lunch at the Olive Garden and our favorite waiter, son Peter, waited on us. Plus, the fun news is that I ran into a friend that I hadn't seen in many years! It was so good to see her! Her kids are getting all grown up, and I remember them as little ones. Zoom. Then, for dinner, we took a bunch of pizzas to the assisted living place and had dinner with my mom and dad, along with Ellen, Peter, Katie and Ben. They have a nice family dining room at the facility that we used, and then moved to an activity room for a couple games of cards. Fun night. Peter and Katie said they bought a fish tank a few days ago and are getting the water ready for fish they will buy tomorrow. That reminded me that I didn't show you the fish apron and oven mitt that I made. It was a printed panel that I bought at Spoonflower.com. Have you discovered that site yet? It is a site that you can upload designs and then they will print fabric for you and sell it! Tons of interesting fabric. It isn't cheap, but you sure can find some great designs! The fish apron and mitt were designed by a French lady and the panel came with instructions printed on the fabric, but all in French. I minored in French in college, but that was almost 2000 Friday Fish Frys ago. I just sewed it together they way I thought it should go, and it turned out cute. I thought it would be a good addition to the cabin kitchen. Thanks for stopping by. I appreciate your taking the time to visit a bit. Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. It was good to see you too! We really will have to catch up, although I think Peter has all the news; thanks for coming over and seeing my 18 y/o BABY and meeting my fam all over again.

    I love reading your blogs--EVERY DAY!!! You make my day and it all starts with a smile!

    ReplyDelete