Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Round Mugs, Round Coasters

These are from the book by Malka Dubrawsky. I made the wonky square quilt from that book and the sewing machine cover. These round, pieced coasters are a departure from my woolfelt square coasters, but I love the casual piecing and the free-form quilting. They are right at home in the new studio. I demonstrated the piecing and quilting at the Sew Club at Sew Complete a week ago. I decided to finish the three coasters that were demo samples. Glad I did. Bindings cut on the bias fit around the circle quite neatly. Can't see from the picture, but I sewed the binding down using a wavy stitch with variegated thread. So, now my morning coffee in the studio will have a good coaster. I can even invite three friends. Are you free next week? Jerilynn


2 comments:

  1. Love these and they look like fun! Oh to be in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are these for sale at your Cumberland or easy shop? If so, SOLD!

    ReplyDelete