Thursday, March 1, 2012

A Whole Lotta White!



Happy Leap Year Day!  The bottom two shots are what I woke up to today....over 13 inches of heavy, wet snow.  The outside looked magical!  My silly head cold has taken up most of my energy these past few days, but I did manage to get a little sewing done.  I made up a quilt for the newest granddaughter-to-be, and I used scraps of the fabric used for the curtains in her room (the dot fabric that is in the middle of the squares - hard to see in this picture).  I framed the wonky squares with white fabric, Kona Snow, to be exact...isn't that just a hoot!  I did the quilting in an overall loopy heart pattern.  I think I got the quilting too close together, though.  The quilt isn't exactly soft and cozy.  It is more like a good blanket to put on the floor with a baby on top of it and some cute toys.  It should be perfect for that purpose.  Too bad this grandma decided to make a floor blanket out of white fabric.  I blame it on the cold.  Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment