Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Spy Another Spy


 I have been doing LOTS of sewing, getting patterns ready for spring market.  I will show you what they are going to be once the printing is done.  Swiss Army Blankets, Hudson Bay Blankets, and lots of Permission stitching is involved.  In amongst the flurry of creating, I made another I Spy quilt for a baby shower this weekend.  This time around I found this website and ordered the two packs of 5" squares cut from Spoonflower fabrics.  If you aren't familiar with Spoonflower yet, you better go and check it out.  Wonderful one-of-a-kind fabrics...you can even have them print your own design on fabric!  Anyway, one of the ladies at Crafterhours, the site I got the squares from, is also in love with I Spy quilts, and Spoonflower.  She combined both loves to produce the block sets that are precut, ready to quickly sew into a play quilt.  Now I know that there are LOTS of I Spy quilt ideas out there - most are pieced a bit more artistically and not quite so busy.  But, you sure can't argue with a table of pre-cut squares that turn into a quilt hocus pocus.  On the back is a large world  map panel like the one I used on my last I Spy.  After I had this all pieced and ready to quilt, I noticed that there are new blocks on the Crafterhours site:  A is for...  You can order these printed blocks and then match up the alphabet letter with a block that works with the letter.  How fun is that?  I ordered a set thinking that I would have time to start anew and use these letter blocks, but so far they are not here and the shower is Saturday!  So I just decided to quilt what I had, using stitch-in-the-ditch quilting so that the Spy blocks are easy to see.  I will keep the A is for...  blocks on hand for another day, another baby, another quilt.  Jerilynn  P.S.  I don't know about you, but so far I am not loving the Spring ahead thing.  I am sooo tired!  Couldn't we just ask the powers that are in charge to just leave time alone?  I am old and I am tired and I am cranky.  

No comments:

Post a Comment