Tuesday, September 6, 2011

New Laptop Cover



I hope you all had a good Labor Day. Did it just seem as if Memorial Day was a week ago? Crazy how quickly time goes anymore. The summer days in rural Indiana went on forever for a little girl that loved back-to-school. No new clothes to buy, supply lists to complete, or permission slips to sign anymore! What I do have, however, is a granddaughter that needed a new cover for her new Mac. She is started college this year and wanted a fun, protective cover for her new machine. She wanted an envelope style with a button -hook and loop tape would not do. She picked out this great floral with a purple fabric for the lining. We used ByAnnie's Soft and Stable for the interlining which made the project, well, stable, but still soft. A quick embroidered name, and the project was done. While staying here this weekend she decided that the bed in the studio was, from now on, "her" bed. Loved the view. Loved the soaking tub. She also spied the quilt on the wall and declared she wanted a queen sized one for her bed. I will add it to my list of things to make... I am off to Madison in a few days for the Quilt Expo. Daughter Ellen is going along with me this year. Last year's Expo was her first ever quilt show and she got hooked. She bought fabric for her first quilt and the top is now all pieced. We are taking a couple of machine quilting classes together, so I am sure by next year's Expo, the quilt will be quilted and bound and well-used. Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. Hope you have a great time at the sewing expo! Especially as you are spending time with Ellen!
    If I decide to go at the last minute maybe I will bump into you!

    ReplyDelete