Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Master Bedroom Quilt?



Preview of the quilt I made that may find a home in the cabin master bedroom. It is made from a fat quarter bundle of September Light by Lida Enche for In the Beginning Fabrics. I took each fat quarter and cut it into 6" width strips. I made a little mistake of not making sure the width was consistently 22". I just cut off the selvedges and started to sew. Some of the blocks were just a bit narrower. I had a little trouble making them fit good, but it is not too bad. I now need to machine quilt it. I think I will do some sort of channel quilting - stitch in the ditch between rows and then three rows of something in the blocks. Kinda wild, huh? Jerilynn

1 comment:

  1. Hello! This is Lida Enche - the designer behind the September Light fabric you used to make this quilt. Would you mind if I mention this project on my blog? Of course, I will give you credit and link back to your blog.
    Thanks! I think it looks great!
    Lida

    ReplyDelete