Friday, June 14, 2013

Rainbow Dresden


I taught a Dresden Plate pillow class at Sew Complete on Wednesday.  I only had two students, which turned out to be a lot of fun (Hi, Donna and Kay!)  It was such a relaxing day and I think both ladies liked their pillow.  Kay did her pillow like the class example, and Donna picked a stripe that reminded me of a Mexican fiesta.  Wish I had thought to snap a picture!  Prior to the class, I made the pillow pictured above.  I used some hand dyed fabric from my Cherrywood collection and some medium grey linen I had on hand that I bought from Purl Soho.  The Cherrywood fabrics are dyed to look like they could be wool or suede or flannel - such a great look.  I used the Dresden Plate template from
Anelie Belden's fast2cut Templates.  I have made quite a few Dresden Plate quilts over the years and I find that I don't tire of making those folded blades.  I have "pinned" quite a few ideas to my Pinterest board and think this will be a good pattern to use up some of my fabulous fabrics.  Low volume quilts are also calling my name, so maybe I will make a Dresden Plate quilt with low volume fabrics.  Too bad this morning's schedule includes helping Carl seal a wall from a big hole he dug yesterday.  The mosquitoes are going to love my ample frame to bite!  Jerilynn  P.S.  I forgot to  mention how much I love working with the linen for the pillow.  Too bad it is a pricey fabric.  After my no-more-new-fabric year is over, I may just have to search around for a good deal on some linen.  Such pretty texture, very classy.

No comments:

Post a Comment