Sunday, September 30, 2012

Canon Beach Scarf





So, you might wonder what this picture is all about. Twofold. it is a scarf that I made while on our visit to the Oregon Coast. The real star, however, is the rock formation in the back...Haystack Rock. The tufted puffins nest there in the summer before they head out to sea for the winter, Yep, they live far out in the Pacific all winter, drinking the salt water and sleeping peacefully in the swells. Cool birds, no? I have been to Canon Beach before and have a strong connection to the rock and the neighboring rocks, The Needles. So wonderful to visit again. The scarf? There is a wonderful bead/knitting shop there that made this random yarn ball to make this scarf. They tie various yarns together, use size 32 needles, and it makes this great scarf. Fast! This gave me the idea to use up all sorts of yarn to make "garbage" scarves. Can't wait to get home to start a few. We had a great time, and are now heading East. I will treasure my visit with my college friend, Marva, and my opportunity to visit places visited with friends that are no longer with us. Fun and sentimental. Perfect trip. Jerilynn


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment