Friday, January 13, 2012

Cumberland is an Island City with No Subway


I didn't get a chance tonight  to sew out  this "subway art" .  I am not sure if I will make it coaster-sized, or make it bigger for a pillow or picture.  I may still play with the fonts and the word placements.  It was fun to play around with in the Bernina V6 software.  I reduced the density of the stitching, thus reducing the number of stitches.  With all the satin-stitched letters, it was going to take me a while to stitch out. I might just try changing it to a vector image and print that out.  Such options I have!   Jerilynn  P.S.  Actually, Cumberland DOES have a Subway - it is only one of two chain  eateries  in town.

4 comments:

  1. I bet pillows, coasters, or framed art would be a great seller at your Cumberland gallery! New hometown pride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm somewhat confused by the name directly under "Cumberland". Is it a bar? Isn't there another one that could take its place? Just sayin'........ P.S. This is wonderful - might have to contract you to do a Columbia Street retrospective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ardisam is a family-owned local big business . I did some contract work for them so it was included in the mix of Cumberland things that are special to me. I think a Columbia St. Subway art would be great. you could make one on the computer and frame it or print it out on printer fabric sheets. Grab some friends and head up north for some crafting!!!! Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a pillow! to remind me of my favoriteeee play,Cumberland<3

    ReplyDelete