Sunday, January 12, 2014

Everything Big


I am sure you have seen these over-sized yardsticks on Pinterest.  I believe they were originally a Pottery Barn creation.  We had a scrap 1 x 10 that Carl sanded a bit for me.  I used a Sharpie and drew lines and traced around numbers I printed off my computer.  Very high tech.  I liked the natural wood against the door of the amoire in the studio that just is conveniently located next to the Everything is Big wall.  I started the number one so that when the wood was hung, the number one would be one foot above the floor.  So, it is cute, but also somewhat functional...to measure stuff, of course.  Included in the picture is a new purchase:  a vintage child's toy ironing board - in red!  I am using it as an end table for The Red Chair.  So, I guess you could say this is the Everything Big, and One Thing Small corner.  Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment