Friday, January 2, 2015

New New Year Jammies

Happy 2015!  I was sitting in my Red Chair in the studio the other day and it scolded me for not blogging much lately.  I have been creating something almost every day since we last chatted, but the pictures would have been a bit boring.  I made over 100 little elf ornaments, dozens of elf wine bottle hats, 60 coasters for the nursing home, dozens of pillows for Idlewild, and at least two dozen washcloth scarves.  I need to get some new ideas into action for Idlewild, Indygo Junction, and for the two middle school girls that I am mentoring.  This time of year, though, is always the time to take a deep breath, put away Christmas stuff, clean up the studio, and just RELAX.  I was on a quest before Christmas to find more red and black flannel for Christmas pillows, and my friend Laura gave me a great tip:  flannel sheets at Kohl's.  I bought a king set, washed them, and cut out a new pair of jammie pants.  I also happened to have a plain white long sleeve shirt around, so I added an appliqued heart.  A nice new jammie set to welcome the New Year in comfort.  I will save the rest of the flannel for next year's Christmas pillow orders.  I just got an email from Garnet Hill saying their double brushed European flannel sheets are on sale.  No plaid, but there is a great ticking pattern....in red, of course!  Maybe I could use two new jammies?  Jerilynn

No comments:

Post a Comment