Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Red Love



I may have mentioned at some point that I like the color red.  My Pinterest boards are full of Red Ideas...the top two photos are images that I have pinned.  The first is a tutorial from Purl Soho.  I simply took a pre-made white tea towel and did three lines of decorative stitching with a deep red thread.  Modern and vintage at the same time!  The second photo is from http://lilliathome.blogspot.com/search/label/Jul and is in Norwegian, so I am not sure what it all says, but I took the cross-stitch pillow idea and designed my version in Bernina V6 Embroidery Software in the cross-stitch program.  It was quite easy:  just click in a square that you want a stitch.  I made a towel out of a deep red Osnaburg fabric.  Love that fabric and color, don't you?  I used a wash-away stabilizer and stitched away.  I threw the towel in the washer and dryer to remove any stabilizer and this is how it looks - straight out of the dryer, no ironing.  Red and white Heaven!  Jerilynn 

No comments:

Post a Comment